Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What I've Learned from SMC

I knew absolutely nothing about social media before I took this Social Media Class. I have learned so much about it, that I have no idea where to start. First off, when it comes to my brand, I try to think more like Apple, not because I love Apple or think that Apple is always right, but because I believe in the way they communicate (not withstanding their absence on social media). You are buying something for yourself when you adhere to brevity: the attention spans of others. Say what needs to be said, and nothing more. Allow the customer to insert themselves into your brand’s story, and you give yourself the best chance of them inserting your brand into their lives. Let the human imagination take over. I definitely have not conquered this by any means, but I try to take apple's principle and insert it into my blog. This might be weird, but this is the way I look at social media.

My professional network has multiplied quite a bit (only had a facebook before this class). I recently started using Twitter (now have exactly 50 followers) and LOVE IT! I also now have a delicious account, about. me page, and obviously a blog as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment